My role is:
- To build parents and carers confidence to deal with difficult parenting issues and behaviours
- To strengthen relationships and communication between home, school and other professionals
- To encourage involvement in school activities
- To help parents and carers support their children with their learning
- To offer one to one and group support to pupils at Uplands Primary School
You may wish to contact me for issues such as:
- I’m really worried about my child’s self esteem
- We have had a bereavement in the family
- I just need someone to talk to
- I’ve lost all my confidence since I gave up work to have children
- I’m just not coping since my partner left
- I have some questions about being a parent/carer.
As parents and carers, there are times when you need a little extra support and guidance; someone to talk to and help point you in the right direction. Someone who’s non-judgemental, someone who will listen and offer practical advice and support.
I will do whatever I can to help you or will be able to help locate someone that can. If you would like advice or support on any issue, you can contact me to arrange a meeting or informal chat.
I work at Uplands Primary School and Nursery mainly on Thursdays and Fridays. You can ring me on my mobile, or via the school office (01252 873069).