We follow the National Curriculum and Early Years Foundation Stage. At Uplands, we have also designed and created our own ‘PRIME’ curriculum. which is explained in more detail below. The PRIME curriculum is our driving force behind all of our planning for our curriculum.
PRIME stands for:
- Purpose (why we learn things and know things)
- Relationships (the relationships within learning, such as the links between the British Empire and certain trade routes and also links between different subjects, such as knowing what period of history an artist lived in and where, which may have impacted their paintings)
- Impact (the impact of what we study on the pupils, us as a school, our families, our community, our country and the world)
- Metacognition (understanding more about how we learn and how we process information)
- Experiences (developing our experiences and getting to build our cultural capital – the skills, knowledge and connections acquired from a range of different experiences that allow pupils depth of understanding in a variety of areas).
Under each subject heading, you will find links to the long term plans for each year group. You will also find links to our ‘Curriculum Offers’ which set out in more detail how each subject is taught at Uplands.
Please see the left hand side of this page, under the ‘Curriculum’ tab for the drop-down arrow and tabs for each subject, including Curriculum Offers and Long Term Plans.
COVID-19 and the Curriculum
For COVID-19 information and curriculum, please visit our COVID-19 page.